As you can see it is quite a moving story. And really, that is the point is it not? You can see it. Think for a moment if you had just listened to this video. Would it be powerful? I would argue yes, but not as powerful as seeing it. Video games bring that visual aspect, and also a tactile aspect, to the way we experience story. This way of emerging ourselves in story is, for me, far more powerful then just reading or watching alone.
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
One of the best stories to be had...
This is a short video of one of my favorite video games of all time, Mass Effect.
As you can see it is quite a moving story. And really, that is the point is it not? You can see it. Think for a moment if you had just listened to this video. Would it be powerful? I would argue yes, but not as powerful as seeing it. Video games bring that visual aspect, and also a tactile aspect, to the way we experience story. This way of emerging ourselves in story is, for me, far more powerful then just reading or watching alone.
As you can see it is quite a moving story. And really, that is the point is it not? You can see it. Think for a moment if you had just listened to this video. Would it be powerful? I would argue yes, but not as powerful as seeing it. Video games bring that visual aspect, and also a tactile aspect, to the way we experience story. This way of emerging ourselves in story is, for me, far more powerful then just reading or watching alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is why games like 'Mass Effect' which was made by BioWare, so popular. They are really good at advertising their games with the best visual trailers, game covers, screenshots, and even game play footage. When I want to buy a game, I first view the trailers of all the games out there. If I like the trailer, then I will look for some game play footage, and if the visual aspect of the game does not appeal to me, then I will not buy it. I will always be a BioWare fan because they release some of the most addictive videos for fans like me to watch.
ReplyDeleteI never played Mass Effect, but the video I just watched really make me want to play it. Did you make that entire video about Mass Effect? If you did, that's amazing.
ReplyDeleteThe story line of Mass Effect is very compelling, and visually it was nice. I would hear more about the actual visual aspect of the game you enjoy.
ReplyDelete